Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Utah Rite Of Passage

I went with my older sister to Lagoon Fun Park a couple of weeks ago. I had a blast! I have previously blogged about this and how funny my sister is on the rides. However, the reason for this post is what I saw while standing in lines waiting for the rides. I saw people of all ages coupled up and cuddling, kissing, and even some of the teenagers were full on making out. It made me remember as a teenager on 9th grade Lagoon Day standing in lines with my friends doing pretty much the exact same thing (I don't recall full on making out in the lines). So I started to think... Is this the Utah rite of passage?? Is it something that everyone wants to do while waiting in line for a roller coaster?
I know girls my age that have never cuddled or kissed while in line with a guy that they were with still want to. I'm not begrudging anyone a cuddle or a kiss. I wasn't even annoyed this last time. I will admit that there was a newlywed couple that was in front us while waiting to ride "The Spider" and it wasn't the cuddling or the giggly or staring at each other and the occasionally kissing that went on in the 45 minutes that we waited that annoyed me, but the corny banter between the two of them. However, this would be a totally different blog entry, so I will stop now...
So from my day at Lagoon I took away a great fun day with my sister and the knowledge that PDA while standing in line for a ride at Lagoon IS in fact a Utah rite of passage!!!

1 comment:

Kellee said...

I dont make out in lines. I'm inexperienced. Tracy hates PDA. :( I need to work on that with him. HAHA