Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Great Day

So I was able to spend another fun day with my sister. We did not go to Lagoon, but we did get to see Body Worlds 3. I will talk about that in a minute, but first, I want to talk about what I was able to come home and listen to and watch. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints General Relief Society Meeting. Every time I feel like something is lacking in my life, I receive a gentle, or stern, reminder of what is truly important in life. I remember then how blessed I am in this life, and although I feel like I am not doing enough and have so far to go, I am not the only one who feels this, and it is not hopeless. I just need to work harder. I encourage every woman to listen to these wonderful people speak, it is truly amazing.
Earlier in the day however, I was able to pick up my sister and we headed downtown to walk through Body Worlds 3. I was very excited to go and look at this exhibit. Obviously as a college student hoping to get into a great nursing program shortly the body interests me. The way that it works, and the intricate design of everything. Its parts are so small but fit together like an amazing puzzle that just fits and works down to the smallest blood vessels. I was a little worried about my sister. I have taken classes that have cadavers and did not get ill (the smell is a little nauseating, but nothing that some good smelling lotioned hands wont fix) but she has not. I was very surprised and excited that she was so interested at each piece. We stopped and spoke of the muscles that were shown, the bones, and the intricate nerves or veins/arteries. She asked me questions and it was like an anatomy review. I was excited again about nursing. The desire to learn more about anatomy and to be in the medical field renewed. I felt like I knew things, no matter how little, it was encouraging and amazing.
I will be attending this exhibit at least once more before it ends in January. I would encourage everyone that is able to go and take a look. It took us about 2 hours to walk through the entire thing, and totally worth it. However, next time I go I will not be choosing Saturday to attend. The human body is truly a work of art!!!

No comments: