Friday, September 26, 2008

Ever After

So I was trying to unwind after a stressful day at school. I think I did alright on my Latin test, and I'm pretty sure I pulled off the demonstrative speech. I went out to Burger King with Kellee and her girls and then met Chuck for shopping! We outfitted him with about three-four outfits. I also splurged and bought a baseball hat from American Eagle. When I put it on Madison would laugh and then I started dancing to the music and that just made her laugh more! I really had a good time.
I came home, and one of my favorite chick flicks came on cable. Ever After!! There are many reasons that this is a favorite. It takes a fairy tale that is commonly told and put into a real life type of story. I like this version of the fairy tale because it develops the love story and relationship between the prince and the servant that is called Cinderella (Danielle). She dresses up as a courtier to save a mans life that was sold to pay the taxes of her step mother. As the story continues you see truly how this girl is strong and independent. The prince rushes in to save the damsel in distress to find that she has saved herself. He apologizes for betraying her when she truly needed him and while she is covered in dirt and in a dirty dress he kneels before her with her glass slipper and asks her to be his wife.
I was watching this a couple of years ago with my niece and she laughed at this part and said "Aunt Jaci, you are the ONLY person I know that would love be proposed to with a pair of shoes rather than a ring. It made me laugh, and then I thought about it more and more. I have always loved Cinderella and I DO love a good pair of shoes. She was right, I would love to be proposed to with shoes. Don't get me wrong I still want a ring, LOL, however the shoes would definitely be something that would be unique and truly something that I would love.
I have sidetracked, as usual. This movie is one that I have watched multiple times and I think I like it more each time I watch it!
I have a few favorite lines throughout this movie "A bird my love a fish senior but where would they live? I guess I will have to make you wings" and then the last one spoken "The point, gentlemen, is that they lived."
I was lucky enough to find my favorite scene on youtube!

1 comment:

Juls said...

You and your movies, you love watching them all over and over. But at least you have good taste in them! I love that movie too! We need to have a girls night and just watch classic shick flicks!!