Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Amazing!

So my office building just moved, which is so great, a 4 minute commute is way better than a 30 minute one! Anyways, I'm side tracking and rambling.
I was on my way home and had to run to Target for a few things. I turned the corner and was overwhelmed with an amazing site. Hundreds of flags lining the Sandy City Hall lawn. A big sign marked The Healing Fields was at the front. Right then it hit me, its September 10th, tomorrow is September 11th.
I think nearly everyone in America remembers where they were that fateful day. I was staying at my parents for a short time and had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for work. I turned on the news to check the weather and saw live the second plane hit the second tower. Never did it cross my mind what was really occurring. I merely thought that it was an interview they were doing about an upcoming movie. So not having time to watch movie information I turned off the tv and continued getting ready. About 5 minutes later my mom received a call from the neighbor. My mom is a travel agent and they wanted her to know that a plane just flew into the Twin Towers. Well the news continued for days, weeks, and still today.
Hundreds of people lost their lives. As I turned the corner and saw a flag for every person that was lost that day I was overwhelmed by patriotism. Tears brimming on my eyes I drove past row after row after row watching children walking through hand in hand with their parents. It was such an amazing site.
Please let us all remember this day the ones that were lost. God Bless America!!

No comments: