Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Okay... REALLY?!?!?

I was at school tonight, as usual. I had just taken my final and my teacher was grading it and told me to give her a few minutes while she looked it over for me. What a perfect time to go to the restroom! I walk in and notice that someone is talking... quietly... but still, talking. With only have three stalls I wonder if there is one available. I look at the doors, all but one is open. I check the feet to make sure that maybe one of the locks just isn't working correctly. Yup... Only one person in the restroom, besides me. So while I take care of my thing I listen, not listening to the conversation, but just making sure... Yeah... the girl was on her cell phone! Is the conversation really that important that you can't ask if you can call them back in 5 minutes? 
The last thing I want to hear while on the phone to a friend or family member is the echoing of the conversation reverberating back from the tile walls of the restroom. Nor do I want to hear the sounds that come along with what one does in a restroom! If I hear either of these while talking on the phone with someone I promptly will inquire if the are in the bathroom, if the answer is yes, I quickly say, alright call me back, not giving any time for a response and hang up.
This is NOT the first time that I have come across this. I have heard it at restaurants, movie theaters and my place of employment.  It just makes me say... well... REALLY?!?!?!

2 comments:

Juls said...

LMAO, you know I talk to you when Im in the bathroom ALL the time?? HAHAHA. But I HATE, HATE, HATE when people are on their cells in public restrooms. HAHA, thats hilarious!!

Janessa said...

AMEN to that... I mean really. All you'd have to say is, "Can I call you right back."