Friday, June 13, 2008

Midnight Showing of The Incredible Hulk

I am a big fan of the midnight showings of movies. Even if the next afternoon I hit a wall and feel like I am sleep walking, its worth it!
So last night/this morning I went to The Incredible Hulk with my brother. If you have not noticed, I do enjoy movies, and like a lot of them that I see, so of course, I liked it! It was great. I will just highlight a few of the things that I liked, no spoilers, no details of anything that was not on the trailer.
Edward Norton, he is one of my favorite actors, he is amazing. He did a great job of portraying Bruce Banners struggle with what resides inside of him, and the fear that accompanies knowing what he is and what it can do.
Liv Tyler, she is an actress that when I see her on talk shows think she is just so nice and quiet, and a joy to watch and listen to. I did not know how I felt about her being the love interest to Edward Norton, but the chemistry is definitely there! She plays her part very well, and is a great accompaniment to the Hulk and Bruce Banner.
The action, first off, I love action movies, and I like fight sequences in movies. I love the choreography of fighting and the finesse that the actors have to have to make the fake punches believable. Even in CGI the characters can't be moving to fast, or its just a computer blur that looks like a video game. Also a lot of fight scenes lately I feel are a remake of another movie I have seen and I just think, couldn't they have made it a little bit different?!? I know we have all seen the movies where the villain and the good guy fight in the street with innocent bystanders running for their life, but this had definite differences in fighting sequence. I was not disappointed at all with the end fight scene (even with it being shown on the trailer).
Overall I give this movie a B.

1 comment:

Juls said...

Ok, maybe Ill have to go see it. I do love a good action. Sounds like a good show.