Sunday, August 31, 2008

Natures Music

Its raining here. The rain is not depressing for me. The dark cloud cover, the smell of the coming storm, is something rather that I look forward to. The rhythm of the rain is amazing. If you have never taken the time, while a storm is outside to turn off the TV or the radio and rest your head against a window to watch the drops fall and splash against the cement outside and listen to the music that follows... you are truly missing something wonderful!
This evening I was cooking some college budget friendly ramen noodles and watching the rain drops fall against the green back drop of the wet lawn in the backyard. I longed to stand out in the rain with bare feet and let the rain fall on my face.
It made me long to live somewhere where it rains often. I know that I will always see Utah as my home. It is where my parents will always be. Where the mountains provide protection, as well as direction no matter where in the valley you are. However, I have always wanted to move out, at least for awhile. I would love to live on a coast. I have always said back east, the east coast is something that I love, the little that I have been there. However, lately, the thought of rain, more often than not, makes me wonder if the west coast would be more fitting for me.
Anyways, I hope that if the rain came near you today that you were able to hear the music that ran across the valley for all to hear!

2 comments:

Crawford Family said...

Jackie,
You and felicity need to plan a trip out here for the fall. You would die at the amazing thunder storms and beautiful colors! You are always more than welcome any time!

Juls said...

I LOVED the rain!! Too bad I didn't get "caught" in it though. ;) But it was so nice and relaxing. I loved being able to curl up and be lazy while the rain was coming down so hard! This weekend was such a great rain filled weekend! I loved it! (have I said that yet?) :)