Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Dark Knight Review

I went to the midnight showing of this moving on the IMAX screen. There was a lot of hype about this and the acting within the movie especially Heath Ledger as the Joker. I was expecting a good movie following the first installment of Chris Nolan's Batman. I was a little worried that it would not hold up to the excitement that I had going in. My brothers and I started to exchange pictures that were release of the Joker as soon as they were available. I bought the tickets a month prior to the movie being released. I was just hoping that it would uphold the Batman Begins story and feel to the movie.
I was NOT disappointed in the least! Heath Ledger from the moment he walks on screen laughing embodies the character of the Joker in every way. The makeup, the clothes, his face, and the eyes... Amazing! Christian Bale once again does an incredible job portraying the conflict that rests within Bruce Wayne by being Batman. The gray line between upholding Justice and becoming a villain himself. The story was definitely there, it was not a story that was just good because of a couple of things that occurred. With being 2 and a half hours long it held my attention from beginning to end!

1 comment:

Juls said...

Dustin said it was long butI didnt think it seemed that long at all. I didnt want it to end. GREAT SHOW!!! LOVED IT!!