Saturday, January 5, 2008

My Ride Home

I spent the morning with my mom shopping and having a good time spending time with her, and the afternoon with my sister. Tonight we went to my brothers house and he made sushi. Overall a good night. However on the way home after dropping off my sister I was pulled over tonight by the local police department.
I have been pulled over for non-registration (twice), and for failing to stop at a stop sign (which was brand new, and they had 4 other cars pulled over at that time for the SAME exact thing). I don't speed on the street that I was on, I didn't run a stop sign, my registration is valid/current. So when he asked me the regular question... "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I could honestly say "No".
I was very surprised to realize that the headlight on my drivers side is going out. He looked at them both and then did inform me that yes, the headlight on the drivers side of my vehicle was out and was not illuminating anything at this point. I told him I had no idea and I had just taken my car to the dealership for other repairs this morning and would have had them fix that, had I known. He took my information (driver's license & registration) and said that he would be back with me. After waiting a few minutes he brought my information back and just told me to get it fixed, then explained that they let drivers know because people that are intoxicated have a tendency to swerve to the lighter side, which would be my passenger side, which causes a lot of head on collisions. I thanked him for letting him know, and then continued on my way.
So, I am now aware that my light is out, and I did not receive a ticket, and that was my ride home this evening.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

hooray for not getting a ticket!!! WOOO!!!!

Juls said...

I am going to hell for this, but you SO should have born your testimony about that at church today!! jk