Monday, July 27, 2009

Not Myself...

So lately I've been plugging through day by day. I feel like I'm in a rut. Today on facebook I put my status as "wonder's if I'm as forgettable as I feel sometimes".
Lately I can't explain it. My school seems to be going in the direction I want to, I've got the summer off and so I'm taking preparations to begin in the fall. I applied to the Westminster Nursing Program, and am waiting to see if I made it in. I assist three great guys at work that I really get along with, and I feel like I'm pretty on top of my tasks (at least most days). But... I feel like I'm not myself, and like I'm lacking... something. Which is SO specific I know, and therefore so easy to fix. I feel like my social life is missing. I still have some wonderful friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. And if you saw my schedule you would probably wonder where I would think to fit in more of a social life.
It's just missing.... Okay, maybe it's dating...
I may be missing dating, and I don't know how to approach it. At all. I've tried the online thing, and let me just put it in these terms... There IS a reason I have deleted all my profiles on these dating sites. I've tried the set up, and it never works out. I'm not sure if they just see my picture and decide that they don't even want to go out, or if they are just too busy, but I never hear anything from them. I go to my ward, but truly feel that if I'm not in the room the guys forget that I exist.
I hope this doesn't sound like a pity party. It's not meant to. I'm not sad, maybe a little blue. Contemplative may be a better word. I am not stuck in my ways, other than I am scared to death to ask a guy out. And YES the worst thing that they can say is No....
I just wish that I could flip to the last page in my life book and see "and they lived happily ever after". If I could see that... I think that I could make it through this in between stuff.

1 comment:

chuckbateman said...

The in between stuff is killer. I can totally relate to that. My life is super mundane right now too. I love work but need a change. We should take a road trip!