Friday, November 21, 2008

Worth Another Shot!

Okay so I went to the midnight showing of Twilight (of course!!!) I first went to dinner with my niece (Curry Chicken, which I will be skipping from now on!) and then we headed to "Something Funny Happened on the Way to the Forum" VERY FUNNY play. It was a little hard to concentrate because of the excitement and my niece leaning over periodically saying "TWILIGHT!" but it was still very funny!
Then on to the movie! WAHOO! The wait was over! I couldn't believe it. I was so excited. The lights dimmed and I clapped and cheered along with those around me. It started well, I could already see differences from the book to the movie, which I totally expected. The Cullen's entered the screen by couple, and then... Edward entered... He did NOT disappoint! The hair was great, the face was great everything! And then... The smile! WOW!
Okay, on to the actual movie. There were parts that I was thinking Really??? Did they just say that line? With those around me giggling at the lines it made it even cheesier. However overall I thought it was good and wanted to see it again before making a final decision.
My friend Felicity also wanted to see it again so we went. YES I have already seen the movie twice. And... let me just say... it was WAY better the second time. I could relax from what the differences were. There wasn't a surprise how a character was going to act, and I could laugh a little more at the little things that I didn't notice last night. Emmett made me laugh, and Edward made me swoon. The Cullen's were intimidating when they should have been and loving and welcoming when they should have been. The hatred between Edward and the Blacks were portrayed well. I would have liked to have seen the deep connection between Edward & Bella a little more, but could not see how they could do that and not add more time to the film.
I think Rob Pattinson did a great job! The eyes, the hair, the piano playing... all great!
Hope everyone wasn't too disappointed the first time to give it another shot. It was definitely better the second time around!

5 comments:

Crawford Family said...

I am also going to go back and see it again. My friend Leslie said away from teh crazy midnight crowd it is WAY better. Now I just need to find a babysitter and the money. Seeing it twice in two days? Sounds like Felicity is a closet fan!

Juls said...

I agree 100%!! The first thing I said to Dustin was I didn't like how quick they went in to the Love you talk and all of that. They didn't take the time to develop their relationship deeper. But yes, they would have had to draw it out longer. The other thing I didn't like was Bella... I liked her look but I didnt like her when she opened her mouth. Except for when they were in Port Angeles and she was fighting the guys off. lol. Anyway, I would probably like it better if I saw it again.

Juls said...

Oh, and there were 12 yr olds sitting next to us that were saying the lines with it. "19...", "Awhile..." It was driving us nuts. lol. But there was a 9 yr old sitting next to me that would cover her eyes during the kissing scene in her room and then again during the fight scene. It was funny.

LondonCalling said...

I AM NOT a closet fan of Twilight!!! I am an open fan of Robert Patterson... He would so be a boyfriend if I was 10 years younger than my decrepit current age.

Hopeless Romantic said...

Hi!
I just thought I'd say that I really like your blog, and I liked your review on Twilight too. haha.
:]