Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Weekend

So this weekend was actually pretty good. I had a lot of homework to do during fall break. I think they figure since you are missing a class they need to give you enough homework to make up for the time away. Anyways, Friday night my brother and friend Felicity wanted to go to a movie. Not a big deal but they both wanted to see different shows, and I wanted to see both... so BONUS two shows in one night. I talked my brother into going to an earlier show of Max Payne, then went to Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist. I had an hour in between the movies and ended up playing a short card game with my sister in law and her mom and sister that were spending the night at the house.
It was seriously a great night! I love going to the movies, and two movies are just more fun. Max Payne was well done, the colors were muted, dark and gloomy city streets. The only colors were gray black and white, except flashes of red during one of the beginning fight scenes, which added to the violence, and hot ash falling, as well as red eyes. It was made after the video game, so the plot line is according to that. I over all thought it was a good movie, but it was definitely not a feel good movie, and I was glad that I had the lighter movie to end the night.
Nick & Norah was hilarious! I loved it. There were some parts when I though they went a little too far, and could have skipped or made it faster, the toilet scene comes to mind... but I laughed loudly and it wasn't a deep plot. The actors that they have playing the parts did a great job and it was exactly what I needed to relax.
Nothing else really happened. I did most of my homework and just have a few essay to finish off for Tuesday classes, but feel like I can get it done. The break was nice, I know 4 years isn't a long time, I just wish I was closer to the finish line than the start. I guess just one day at a time, and my cheap vacations to the movie theatre will get me through it.
If you have seen any good movies, new or old, let me know! I can't wait until 11/21/08!!!!

No comments: