Sunday, May 18, 2008

Twilight Book Signing

I'm actually struggling a little bit today... I have a lot of changes coming up in my life and I'm trying to NOT freak out! Today is hard, but I would like to post about something fun I did this weekend.
Friday night I met up with my friends, and niece as well as her friend to go to the Stephenie Meyer book signing for The Host. The doors opened at 5, the Q&A started at 7, then the signing started. We thought that it would be good to get there early and arrived at 5pm. MAN! I could not believe the line that was already there. We were seated though fairly quickly and began the long long wait. The Q&A was only about 15 minutes, and then Stephenie began to madly sign peoples books. The Q&A was actually quite interesting. She went over the covers, and writing and some of the details of what she was thinking while writing The Host.
So we arrived at 5pm, and actually probably got our books signed about 11:30(ish) and finally ate dinner at Denny's at 12:30am. To pass the time we talked, read, laughed, and played a game, either, or. Such as, Gerard Butler as the Phantom? or Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy? (my answer would be... Mr. Darcy!) Needless to say we all got a little crazy by the end of the night, but it was SO much fun!!! I let loose and was just myself, no matter what the people around us thought. :)
For those of my friends that came, including my niece and her friend, THANK YOU! I had a blast and we should do things like that more often!!!! Here are a few pics...
This is the front of the line:


Continued line:


This is me in line (posting this against my better judgement... not the most flattering picture):


This is me, Juls & Kellee on stage there was a line and people kept cutting in front of us until we started to yell at them :):


This is the group of us that went, I actually LOVE this picture!!:

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Your eyes look fine!!! I look chubby and pale! I love the pictures of you! they make me happy knowing how much fun we had!

Juls said...

That was such a fun night! Sorry I didnt give that dude your number... haha, jk. I think I recall you thanking me earlier today. Im so glad that you and Kellee went SO early and got tickets for all of us! You guys are the BEST!!!!!

The Bullocks said...

that sounds like so much fun, Ryan told me you went. if I didn't have 3 kids I would have totally been there. I'm am dieing for her next book to come out.

LondonCalling said...

I had so much fun and I don't give a rats batoot about Twilight or Stephanie Meyer- I just loved being with awesome people. I'm working on my blog yakibodie!