Friday, May 9, 2008

The Host

Well Tuesday May 6th was the release of Stephenie Meyer's new book, "The Host". Along with the release of the book they were selling tickets to a book signing with the author later this month. A lot of my friends also like this book and we all decided that it would be fun to go. However, only a couple of us are crazy enough to get up early to sit in line to get the books. Kellee was so nice and said that she would sit with me. So the plan was in place. I took the day off work and I was going to pick up Kellee on the way to the book store, at 4am. Well I was starting to stress out (something I'm working on) and so I asked Kellee if her husband could drive past the store at 11pm on his way home. Well turns out there was already a couple of people in line. So the plan changed. I got a couple of hours of sleep, Kellee didn't sleep at all. So I picked her up at 2am instead. We went through BK's drive thru and got extra large caffeinated drinks. So, although we got up and got in line at about 2:30am we were still about 40th in line. My stress was that there was no limit to the tickets, the only stipulation was that you had to buy a copy of the book along with the ticket. I myself was buying 7 books and 6 tickets. Overall we were freezing, Kellee KICKED my butt in Friends trivia, she read ALL of Harry Potter 7, and I attempted to sleep on the concrete (key word there... attempted). But I am so glad that we got the tickets, and Kellee and I had fun!!! Here are a few picks!

This was where we spent the night

Kellee finishing HP 7 at about 7:30am

The front of the line right before the store opened

The second half of the line (all behind us)

The end of the line (which goes behind the building, so I don't know exactly how far it went, but an employee took a rough count of about 200)

1 comment:

Juls said...

You guys are crazy! But I bet it was a ton of fun! Even if you made Kellee go 2 hours earlier instead. lol. Thanks for getting my book and my ticket! :D