Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Sushi Man

So if I haven't said so prior to this, I just moved in with my brother, and his family. I was very worried about this move, and scared that I would feel in the way. However, I do not regret this at all, and actually it has been probably one of the best moves I have made. I feel welcome and not in the way, and its great to have family close, like just in the other room close.
So this gets me to the whole story... My brother makes sushi, and its actually really good. My sister in law was craving it, but he didn't have time to make it, so we decided we were going to get it take-out at a local sushi restaurant. My brother put the kids to bed while we run to grab the food. We ordered the rolls and were waiting for them to be made. The guy behind the counter was what you would call a "bad boy" he had the black shirt on, the messy hair, the small, yet very attractive facial hair (which really only looks good on the bad boy) and the tattoo that you could barely see poking out of the sleeve of his t-shirt. However he was so nice, making conversation with everyone around. He talked to the guy at the sushi bar eating, took some food to another couple asked how their week was going and asked what they did for a living. Once behind the sushi bar again, he started making the sushi we had ordered, and inevitably looked at me and my sister in law and asked how our week was going. Right as I start to answer "It's been long" and he responding as "It's only Tuesday" and both slightly laughing as I say "I know" I feel it... beginning in my chest, heart beating quickly, my neck turned hot, and then it entered my cheeks... My face felt like it was on FIRE! I was blushing!!! And I knew that it was noticeable. How embarrassing!!!
So this leads me to my questions that I have... for myself. WHY am I always attracted to the bad boys in real life, but yet am so drawn to the guys in chick-flick movies that are so nice?!?
Also, why can't I keep the whole blushing thing under control?!?! Its so embarrassing! I thought that it was under control, I haven't done it for quite some time, even when provoked at work by people that think its funny to see my cheeks turn bright red, but apparently NOT!
Anyhow, in case you were wondering how the story ends, thats about it, our food was ready and as we were walking out he said "Bye Ladies, have a good night" I responded "Thanks, you too" as I almost ran into my sister in law smashing my sushi, luckily I think I just nudged her.

1 comment:

Kellee said...

you thnk you have a blushing problem... try being a red head!!!!