Saturday, September 22, 2007

To Dream

Okay, so last night I had a boys night with my nephews, tonight, is girls night with the nieces.
Don't get me wrong I love my nephews and I love hanging out with the boys, but after all, I am a girl!!
We are watching two chick flicks, ate chinese take out and did pedicures on each other.
The first movie I made them watch was one of my favorites!!! Grease 2! I realized that its the movie that made me start to like men on motorcycles. The good guy, with the bad streak. He takes her on a ride in the afternoon and as it turns to night, they stop and kiss in the sunset. This has long been a day dream of mine. Well now, it is also my nieces day dreams. They said the guy was PERFECT. They now love motorcycles and guys with british accents. Which makes me laugh, and I am sure would make none of their parents all too happy.
To be a girl. To be able to day dream, even "to dream the impossible dream". It has its drawbacks, and I have felt them recently, I'm not so sure why, but once in a while, on a night like this, I enjoy everything about being a girl. The pedicures, the painted nails, the purses, the hair, getting dressed up, and of course the shoes. Romance is a part of all of this, a part of who I am. It has been a part of my being since I was a young girl watching Cinderella, singing along and dreaming of my own Prince Charming to "rescue me".
So for now, and until I find my Prince Charming, I will continue to hope and "to dream the impossible dream".

1 comment:

Juls said...

Theres nothing wrong with dreaming! And even after you find your prince charming, you still dream.