Friday, September 21, 2007

Day to Day

Okay, I can't think of anything interesting to write right now, but I feel the need, so here goes...

Day to day living is what I have,
I get up, get ready for the day, and either go to work or go to school. After work I go home study, clean and/or do laundry.
Don't get my wrong, I'm not trying to complain, its just the day to day living becomes somewhat... monotonous at times.
It seems everyone is dating, getting married, or having children.
I have been divorced nearly 5 years and have not been very lucky (ever really) when it comes to dating.
This sometimes has been a blessing, and sometimes a curse.
I have realized that a lot of how a person feels is their outlook on life. I have tried through many of my struggles and trials to look on the bright side of things. If things in my life had not gone the way that they have, I would not have the job I do now, I would not be able to support myself the way I do, I would not be going to college so that I could have my dream job, and I would not be as independant as I am now. I am so grateful for all that I have and have been through.
When the walk is long and each step gets harder and harder to pick up your feet you just wish you could see the end of the trail. I feel I have come to this, each day is harder to wake up to and do the daily things that I must do to continue in this life, I just want a peak, just a look at the end of the trail, or the book of my life and see "Happily Ever After".
I think I could continue this day to day living if I knew the end was worth it. Right now all I have is hope & faith that that dream ending is getting closer with each day.

2 comments:

5brokenribs said...

Good post, When the days seem monotonous think about the big picture. Think about what you are going to school for. The long road takes one step at a time.

All the hardships make us who we are, the end will be worth it.

Juls said...

If you knew how many people you have helped or are currently helping, you wouldnt think its so monotonous... I know it sucks always being the one to help and it seems like you are never being helped. But you are an amazing person and your prince is on his way!