Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What I Miss...

So I haven't been able to do much lately but work and school. I think it's starting to be noticeable. Nursing school is definitely aging me. LOL. I miss hanging out with my friends, my family, going to the movies, reading books that I enjoy, and lately I've really been missing sewing. I went to a Fall Frenzy quilt shop hop, which started it. They have so many cute patterns and fabrics out right now and I just don't have the time. With this in mind I was able to restrain myself and just looked... oh wait... I bought 3 yards of assorted fabrics! My stash is just growing and growing! (At least I won't be at a loss of what to do this summer on my break!)Also it's fall... which is my favorite fabric and patterns so they are everywhere in the store. I'm starting to really like pumpkin patterns and fabrics with pumpkins on them. Very cute!

Anyways, I'm starting to ramble... I was able to sew this purse for my friend Felicity. I hope she liked it. We picked out the fabric together. Also I tried a new magnetic button. I sewed the strong magnet directly into the purse and fabric, its not as easy as you would think. You do after all have a metal foot on your machine that tends to hold the magnet tight (it was actually pretty funny how it would pull the fabric you were sewing into the side of the foot). Anyways, hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful season! It's my favorite!!!