Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Long Time... I know!

Okay, so I keep meaning to update here, but I always think... no one reads this. But here I sit in the cafeteria of school looking out at the snow covering the construction going on. I miss the campus how it was. I know it will be better, but I just wish it was done.
Anyways... Update on me. I was suppose to get a letter in the mail the day before Thanksgiving to tell me if I was accepted into the nursing program I had applied to. Well the night before, I had a dream that it got lost in the mail and I had to go in and ask if I was accepted on the following Monday. Day after day I sat at the window trying to concentrate on the homework that I had watching the mailbox. I get the mail in between 4-6 PM! And to no avail the letter did in fact get lost in the mail (still haven't received it) and I had to go ask on Monday if I was accepted... And I WAS!
I got into the nursing program in the school I wanted, my #1 choice!! I was so excited to hear.
So now just to pass the current classes and keep trying to work full time, and nursing school full time. The schedule isn't the best, and I will pretty much have no social life... but it's only 2 and a half years! Then... I get to work in my dream job! I really am so excited.
I have actually been so blessed with all my friends and the things going on in my life. I'm also writing a fictional short story that seems to be getting some pretty good reviews which has been a lot of fun. I have also been able to hang out with my friends, granted not nearly as much as I would like, but it's something.
Finals are the end of this week into next week so I will be buried in my textbooks until then, but then... the Holidays! I love Christmas, and even though I spend New Year's Eve alone (by choice) I love it! I sit down watch an action movie (nothing to do with romance) and work on a puzzle. I still have the one I worked on last year which I'm so excited to hopefully finish. Some much needed alone relaxation time.
It's been a good few months!

No comments: