Tuesday, November 20, 2007

5 Years

November 21, 2002.....
The date that my divorce was finalized...
This day is a day of reflection. I have tried to not look at this as a sad day, because there are so many things that I am happy about now, that I did not have then.
I have my family, and have found out how wonderful they can be when you need someone to lean on.
I have found that I have the strength to continue when I have thought there is no way to go any further.
I have started to pursue my dreams,
I found happiness without relying on anyone to make the hard decisions for me.
Through these past 5 years, and even before then I have been through a lot of heartache, a lot of trials and a lot of dispair. However, no matter how I look at the things behind me, the things ahead of me, and the place and person I am now... I would do it again in a heart beat. I have a strong belief that things happen for a reason, and I needed those things in my life at that time. My ex husband was not a horrible person, we both made bad choices and regretting having to leave the relationship, but both realized we were happier when we were apart. We were only meant to be in each others life's for a short time. I was blessed to have him around when I was, and I hope, I hope that he feels that way about me.
I hold no hard feelings for my ex, or how the situation turned out.
This day is not sad, not exactly, for me... however it is a day of reflection for me and to take stock in where I have been, and where I am going.
What a wonderful time for this day to fall, Thanksgiving is just around the corner!

No comments: